Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving, Part 2

Although Thanksgiving Part 1 was a tough act to follow, I think we managed to rock Part 2.

First, I sprayed the myself and entire kitchen with gingerbread batter.


Gray sweatpants make everyone look thin.

Note to self: break up the crisco lump before turning on the mixer.

Next, the culmination of A WEEK'S worth of effort in the sourdough bread department.  My beloved father brought me a sourdough kit as a gift from his trip to San Fransisco - and then kindly asked me to prepare it for Thanksgiving. I (being a kind-hearted sort of woman) complied with his wishes, and grew a tupperware full of creepy, bubbling, pancake batter material in my basement for a week. Then, I kneaded and measured, coaxed and prayed. And the result off all this arduous labor?


A 1 pound loaf, roughly the size of a dinner roll.


Hey, they can't all be winners.

The good news is, the bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin was a seriously awesome alternative to the traditional turkey.

And, I'll let you in on a little secret. There's a big, green, pine-scented item chillin' in our house, just waiting for the boys to wake up from nap. "Oh Christmas tree. Oh Christmas tree. La la la la la Christmas tree"

3 comments:

  1. Bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin? Oh my goodness, that sounds seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your thanksgiving was awesome and the food was fabulous. the sour dough was great and worth the effort ..xmas tree wow on to the next holiday

    ReplyDelete
  3. that comment from mom on dad's computer

    ReplyDelete