Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My first completed project

A little under a year ago I decided, "Next Christmas, I'm going to have some handmade gifts to distribute."
And so, inspired (as always) by Soulemama I bought a kit from Michael's entitled "I taught myself knitting".

For the next eleven months I worked on this blanket, a gift intended for a beloved niece.

Finally, finally, it's finished.


It's nowhere near perfect, but I made it.
Every single stitch is mine.

It's composed of miles and miles and miles of garter stitch. Nothing else. 


Nothing but knit.

My engineer hubs would like me to tell you that he helped me arrange the squares into an appealing, well balanced pattern, with the larger squares opposite their smaller counterparts. Duly noted, Hubs.


Love that center square - a mix of all the others.

I am so proud of this project. It's the first thing I've ever made, and I am so happy to be wrapping it up and handing it off to a sweet girl in my life. I only wish I had something for all the other kids - maybe next year. It could happen. No seriously! It could.

2 comments: