Saturday, November 6, 2010

Oat-Wheat Bread

This is a recipe I lifted from Orangette. It was not originally a bread machine recipe, but I plopped the ingredients in mine, gave it a whirl, and yowza this is some seriously good bread.

2 cups warm water
2 1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp molasses
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 cups bread flour
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast

Add all the ingredients into the machine (liquids first, yeast last). I run the "dough" cycle and then transfer the dough to a bread pan (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) and let it rise for about 30 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.

A few notable points:
*This makes a ginormous loaf of bread so keep an eye on your bread machine the first time you try it or you may discover the dough exploding out the top of the machine.
*I would not recommend throwing this into your machine and running a regular cycle (i.e. baking it in the machine) I think this makes too much dough for that.


I wasn't kidding! Uber-loaf!


No comments:

Post a Comment