Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday moments

Friday moments again with Soule Mama. Breaking the rules as usual, here are a few moments from our week. If you have a moment (or several) to share, please leave a comment with a link.

Oh dear, this week has been a tough one for this mama. Trips to the doctor's office, coughing, sneezing, runny noses, gooey eyes, scary medicine, fevers, a foot of snow, lack of sleep, lack of patience, and no lack of tantrums and demands. Whew.

Very, and I do mean very, often as I stand at the kitchen sink doing dishes, my eye lands upon a very special talisman that a dear friend gave to me.



"Breathe" it reminds me, and I do.

For one brief moment, I come back to center, reset myself and try to move outside my mantle of frustration and exhaustion.  Patience, mama. Patience.

Even with his as-yet-unidentified-rash, the wee one is back to his old hijinks - goofing around at the dinner table, trying to coerce his brother to join him in a game of peek-a-boo around the laptop screen.


I know he looks fine, but that rash? It could totally be fatal. Seriously,
it couldBetter check his respiratory rate. Again.

The big brother, always up for a good game of peek-a-boo, at the other end of the table, adds his own twist to the classic game with monster-faces, and spoon waggling.


What's on his face? Warm chocolate of course.

In other big-boy news (I know, it's been all about the wee one and his sickness this week). There have been a few forays into the realm of sleeping in a big boy bed.

Shocking, I know. I, too, thought he might take his crib to college. But here it is: visual proof.


Yes he actually sleeps in this position.

On day one he slept in the bed, as pictured here. On subsequent days, he's climbed into his crib and slept there. Interesting. I'll keep you posted.

Here's hoping this weekend will usher in a new era of health-full-ness in this household, and in yours, too. How was your week? What are you up to this weekend?

Happy Friday!

12 comments:

  1. both look great and full of the devil ..keep up the good work. dad and i took oldest granddaughter to dinner after doc appt. always an interesting time..talking about doing the rv show if the weather allows on saturday..hope you can escape the "winter wonderland" for some fun too..keep me posted..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many times I have to mentally tell myself: breathe in, breathe out....repeat.....! I so 'get' that! Here's hoping your household is all on the mend very soon.

    Oh, also - I, too, am very bad at the 'no words' aspect of the {this moment} game. Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - what a week you've had!
    that little sleeping pic is so cute :-)
    I do hope the little ones are feeling better very soon!
    have a great weekend
    xxxCate
    http://keepcatebusy.blogspot.com/2011/02/day-128-this-moment-meerkats-big-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love the face down butt up sleeping position! Its the most adorable. I think I am going to need to find me a talisman and try it out cause I often find myself struggling to find the patience. I hope you have a great weekend mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha I almost alway break the rules too ;)
    I hope your little one feel better :)
    We was sick too.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it hard to pick one photo as well...:)
    I hope your little one is feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for commenting! i love the breathe star as if all the magic in the gas-filled universe in contained within it. is it a tile?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're all on the way to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it all! I need a star, or some other reminder to breathe, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so funny!my daughter sleeps the same way no matter how many times I "fix" her.She always goes back to the "butt-in-air-hands-tucked-in-position".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there. I've just popped over (again) to let you know I've nominated your lovely blog for an award! Stop by my blog for all the details :-)
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really hope your week is a better one and everyone is happy and healthy in your house.

    Lovely to meet/follow your blog thanks to Keep Cate Busy. Pop over to bigwords if you get a chance x

    ReplyDelete