Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Recovery

This weekend I was horribly, and I do mean horribly, sick with the flu. I'll spare you the details (unless you are one of my nurse friends - then I'll show you no such mercy).

Suffice it to say, I lived for about twenty four hours on clear liquids, and there was a brief period of time where I was unable to get off the floor, and Hubs had to help me into bed. What on earth were you doing on the floor, Melissa? Umm. Trying (and succeeding, I might add) not to faint.


Look closely, my mug is amusing.


Prior to being bed-ridden, though - we had some family birthdays to celebrate.


Did someone say cake?

Yes! Egg-free cake (made by beloved, thoughtful cousin) and hoodsies. What more can these two ask for? Not much.

Hey bro, this is awesome.

Unfortunately, shortly after the festivities were over mama was on death's door and the boys may have gotten a little stir-crazy.

A good look for him, no?

Thankfully, I have kind in-laws who came over and made soup and helped Hubs entertain the littles while mama recuperated.

Mostly, we're on the mend. The big boy's still got a lingering cough, and the wee one's got the saddest sick-baby-eyes I've ever seen, but I'm hoping it's nothing a few more leisurely soaks in a eucalyptus scented bath won't fix, because all this illness started with a well-child visit to the germiest place on earth pediatrician's office, so if we have to go back there - we may not survive.

How was your weekend? Hopefully not pukey and fever-y? Yes? Very good.

Thank you for all the well wishes and healing vibes sent my way yesterday - my little heart was warmed and comforted. You guys are the best.

6 comments:

  1. sorry missed you yesterday post ..hope all is better today..looks like y ou are going to be house bound for a while with all the snow send me an update with photos of your 20 inches..hope generator and you all survive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ug, what a bout of illnesses you've had to deal with. Sometimes I feel like I'd like to set off a germ bomb in the house to rid it of all bacteria. I hear you about the ped. office. I always wonder if they disinfect it each night or try to keep well-child visits separate from sick visits...probably not. Anyway, glad to hear your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! WHAT is he wearing on his head?!

    So glad to hear you're on the mend. Being sick is rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you are feeling better mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, very funny mug!! Glad you are starting to feel better! You amazing to still capture those silly wee one photos... they make my day with their antics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're feeling better and hopefully it won't be too long before the boys are back to full strength too.

    ReplyDelete