Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shout Outs

Good morning Gang.

Thursday is awesome, no? I can smell the weekend.

For those of you who have some gifts left to buy this holiday season - please allow me to offer a few recommendations before you hit the mall this weekend.

If you aren't familiar with Etsy, then man, you are missing out.

If you are new to Etsy, don't be nervous - it's perfectly safe and you will be amazed by the quality. I've never had a bad experience.

For jewelry please check out Shining Stones. Beautiful, affordable jewelry handmade by one of the most soulful people on the planet. Ellie is awesome.

For cool, artsy clothing, jewelry, accessories and home decor please check out Bark Decor. Sara is a local (to me) girl who is fabulous, talented and environmentally conscious.

Once again, allow me to sing the praises of my beloved Miss Kristen, who not only showed up to work every day this week sick-as-a-dog but also makes beautiful, inspiring art in her free time.

Then of course there's my fab neighbor Sharron who makes these sweet snowman ornaments, while jugging two kids and generally being awesome.

For children's clothing I love Kissing Kumquats. Adorable, beautiful and very well made way over there in sunny CA.

I've also had a good experience with Nici at Dig this Chick. Handmade clothing for children and adults, made in Montana. If you know someone who is dedicated to a certain state or country - you can get these awesome t-shirts showing off the love.

I got some beautiful prints from Printland this year - upcycled dictionary pages - super cool, and from Spain! Which I think is awesome.

Okay I think that is it for my Etsy shout-outs. There's still time to get some awesome, custom, locally made, unique holiday gifts - but you must act fast if you want them by Christmas.

If you have a favorite local or Etsy vendor - please, please leave a comment.

Buy local. Skip the mall. Be awesome.

1 comment:

  1. could not agree more..just love the special features of a local artisian..almost like they make it specially for you..love the jewelry and it is well made.everytime i wear mine someone makes a comment..

    ReplyDelete