Monday, May 16, 2011

We're back!

Sorry for our absence last week - Blogger was having some issues.

But, I have some seriously good stuff to share this morning.

Prepare yourself.

This weekend we took a road trip to visit some beloved friends who have just recently brought the cutest baby ever into the world.

Oh, be still my heart.

There were baby feet.


Inside baby socks.

There were sweet, sleeping baby breaths.


Yes, those cheeks are as soft and kissable as you are imagining.

Big sister showed the Big Boy and the Wee One how this older sibling business is really done.


Oh sweet baby yawns.

And in the midst of all the oooh-ing and aaaah-ing over my newest favorite little baby girl - the big kids were playing, bonding, and fighting in a way that is so timeless.

I was reminded of my own noisy childhood memories - adults talking and laughing while my cousins and I ran amok.


The kids table.

Oh it was just so great. 

My friend is so beautiful - all post-partum glowy and in love. A lovely sight to see.

The lucky Daddy is already holding the baby with one arm while managing the needs of Big Sister. It happens so fast - suddenly you can juggle two children - suddenly your heart expands farther than you ever thought it could. Just like that.

What a beautiful thing to witness - the growth of a family.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie. I love all of her her! I'm glad you could partake in the joy of new life!

    ReplyDelete