Monday, October 24, 2011

Bliss

Oh Gang, I don't even know where to begin.

We had the most amazing weekend, ever. 


We went to Block Island with some dearly beloved friends.

We stayed at the Amazon Littlefield House which happens to belong to a member of dearly beloved friends' family.

Yeah, I know. Epic. 

Sigh.

Guys.

Seriously.

Unreal.

The house. The property.

Over 100 years old, and lovingly, creatively, authentically restored and maintained.

I've never been anywhere like it.

A peace settled in my soul. It was so quiet. The house and the land seemed to seep into my bones, quietly suggesting, "Sit. Nap. Laugh. Stop and absorb the unbelievable beauty and peace."

Okay, that's enough for today.

Tomorrow perhaps we'll discuss what the kids thought of the place.

3 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous, and to enjoy it with friends I'm sure it made it that much more amazing. Look forwarding to hearing what your boys did with themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing place! Can your friends become my friends so I can visit, too? :D

    ReplyDelete