Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Moments

Friday Moments with SouleMama again today.

If you have a moment or two to share, please leave a comment with a link.

Yesterday we had a run-in with nature!

I was leaving my house when a big, giant turkey vulture landed in my neighbors yard.

He was totally scary and huge. I wish I had something better than this lame cell phone photo - but hey - at least it's something.

"Go see him?" says the Wee One.
"Ahh, no."

 This week seems to have passed in a blur, I can't believe it's Friday already, but we had some great weather and lots to do - so here we are.

Here's the Big Boy safely playing with his screwdriver, but don't be fooled.

What I didn't manage to get a photo of was him dismantling the garage door locking mechanism.


He looks so harmless but he's like an evil Bob Vila.

And what's the Wee One been up to?

Well, yesterday I took the two children to radio shack for an oh-so-brief stop for one item. His highness wanted to "Git down" in order to touch everything. When I said no and held him firmly in my arms, he slapped me.

In the face.

When I scolded him for hitting, and threatened him with a Time Out, he pinched me, instead.

Oh man, we've got a long journey ahead.



Ugh.

Any good plans for the weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Yikes look at those evil eyes on the wee one..BIG TROUBLE is on the horizon..thanks for all the help yesterday hope you have a good weekend and wish the big guy a happy father's day from us..envelope in the mail to him this morning hope it gets there before sunday love,mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week!

    We are well into summer here:
    http://becomingclaudine.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-moment-water.html

    Have a great weekend,
    Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My that thing does look HUGE. Terrifying, actually. Thank goodness for the distance, eh?

    Sending vibes for a peaceful weekend for two years olds...

    http://teamkemendo.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-moment-lounging.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one scary looking bird!
    And your kids are so normal you know that don't you!! LOL!!
    have a great weekend Melissa
    xxxCate

    http://keepcatebusy.blogspot.com/2011/06/day-249-this-moment-true-blue.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. When my daughter hits or pinches, we pet each other for a while, and be sweet. Time outs never work when she gets in that ornery mood, lol.

    I saw one of those birds once, and didn't know what it was. All I know is it gave me nightmares for quite a while! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, between the destructive force of the Big Boy and the slap-happiness of the Wee One, it sounds like you've had quite the week. Hope your weekend is better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of your turkey vulture encounter, actually! I used to volunteer at a bird sanctuary and our turkey vulture there was very playful. He liked to steal hats off of heads and untie shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete