Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Settle

Things have been pretty crazy around here lately. 

First we had the barfing flu, which then transmutated into an upper respiratory cold. Then there was jury duty, a yoga seminar on Saturday, a work related luncheon, plus my usual job, and teaching my usual yoga and pilates classes. 

In a nutshell, a full schedule. 

So, on Sunday - Hubs and I were delighted to see a blank slate. Obtaining groceries was the only item on our family's agenda. 

A collective sigh, Ahhh. 

But a blank slate doesn't automatically equal calmness for me. My mind is still going 100 miles per hour. 

Luckily, I had a bunch of cooking to do, and nothing settles my restlessness better than some time in the kitchen.




Over the course of the day I made banana pancakes, 2 loaves on banana bread, corned beef and cabbage dinner with all the fixin's, and Irish soda bread. 




I had forgotten how soothing a little manual labor can be.

Mind if I ask how you get settled after a crazy busy week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment