Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day

Growing up, May 1st was a Holiday: "May Day"and we used to sneakily leave a basket of flowers at my grandmother's front door.

Today my mother, sister and grandmother will be on my mind.

It's looking pretty rainy and dreary out there at the moment, but we won't let that get us down.

It's spring, dammit. The calendar says so.



I wish my Nana was here to see these two. Well, I know she sees them, I guess I wish I could see her seeing them.

I have a feeling she'll be close by today - we'll have to be on our best behavior.

1 comment:

  1. she would have loved them to death just as i do..i miss her today too..it was always nice to surprise her with the may day flowers..i think every year she was surprised that we remember ..i am glad my girls remember those things and continue the tradition ..she would be very happy and i am sure she is with you everyday making you the great moms that you are

    ReplyDelete