Monday, October 7, 2013

Parenting

My youngest is small for his age.

25th percentile for height, and easily the wee-est one in his preschool class.



Ignore the epic blinking face on photobombing brother.


He is anti all things dairy (except ice cream, of course) so on the rare occasions that he asks for chocolate milk, I am happy to oblige.

Today was one of those days.

I obtain a tall cup of chocolatey calcium and hand it over.

Something occurs with plastic swords and the entire glass is spilled.

I grind my teeth, "No big deal guys, accidents happen" I say, with mock cheerfulness and I obtain another cup of chocolate milk.

For growing bones, I tell myself as I hand it over.


Why can't they play with dolls? 

This time something happens with a plastic bead necklace and the table and floor are once again covered in milk.

This time my cheery, "Lets not cry over spilled milk" isn't fooling anyone.

His short little bones be damned, he ain't getting another cup.


1 comment:

  1. yipee the mother blog is back ..my favorite thing on face book..boy he looks very scary with that big sword..i guess i could have had the same thought fool me once same on you fool me twice with a spill and shame on me ..no more wasting chocolate milk..love you guys keep the blog coming nana..

    ReplyDelete